• 1 can (19 oz / 540 ml) fava beans
• 2–3 sprigs of fresh mint
• 1/2 lb (250 g) feta cheese
• 1/2 lb (250 g) peeled, cooked shrimp
• 1 large lemon
• 6 tbsp (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic
• Salt and black pepper
1. Put kettle of water on to boil. Put beans into pot with sprig of mint. Cover with boiling water and simmer 6 minutes. Drain and rinse beans, then drain again.
2. Drain and dice cheese. Put into salad bowl; add shrimp.
3. For dressing, squeeze 1/2 lemon, mix 2 tbsp (25 ml) juice with olive oil, then peel garlic and crush into the dressing. Rinse, dry and nely chop remaining mint and whisk into dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add drained beans to cheese and shrimp and stir in dressing. Serve with wedges cut from remaining 1/2 lemon.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Fava Bean, Shrimp and Feta Salad