- 1 to 1.5 kg pork loin back ribs or spareribs, cut into 2-rib portions
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place pork ribs, bone side down, in large shallow baking pan. Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Drain off fat.
- 2. Meanwhile, in small pot, combine onion and orange juice.
- 3. Cook over moderate heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 4. Stir in chili sauce, molasses, orange rind, mustard, cloves, and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil.
- 5. Set aside half of chili sauce mixture. Brush ribs with some of remaining chili sauce mixture.
- 6. Bake for 15 minutes more, brushing once or twice with chili sauce mixture.
- 7. Serve ribs with reserved chili sauce mixture.