Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Firefighter injured in senior's home blaze back at home

A Truro firefighter injured during a blaze at a senior’s home on Wednesday has been treated and released from hospital.

A Truro firefighter injured during a blaze at a senior’s home on Wednesday has been treated and released from hospital.

Truro fire chief Tom Bremner said the firefighter, a three-year veteran of the department, was kept in hospital overnight for observation and released this morning.

“He is home resting and doing better,” said Bremner.

The man was responding to a fire call with the department’s interior attack team in an electrical room at Townsview Estates early Wednesday afternoon after the building’s main electrical panel exploded.

“It had an explosion hole where the breaker let go,” said Bremner.

The chief said when an electrical panel burns it produces excessive heat and a heavy toxic smoke.

Officials with Townsview Estates were onsite Thursday morning evaluating damage and cleaning up.

A backup generator that kicked into service when the main power went down was also extensively damaged.

 
 
You Might Also Like