• 1 1/2 tbsp (20 ml) olive oil
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 lb (500 g) sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
• 2 cups (500 ml) fish or vegetable stock
• 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped fresh thyme
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 2/3 cups (400 ml) frozen peas, thawed and drained
• 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) corn kernels
• 1 lb (500 g) skinless white fish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
• Fresh thyme leaves to garnish
1. Heat oil in large frying pan with lid over moderate heat. Add onions and garlic and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are light gold.
2. Add red pepper and sweet potato, cover and cook 5 minutes, or until sweet potato begins to soften. Stir in stock, thyme and pinch of salt. Boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until sweet potato is just tender. Stir in peas and corn kernels.
3. Place fish on top of vegetables. Cover and cook gently 8–10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. Season to taste with black pepper, then serve immediately sprinkled with fresh thyme leaves.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles29 Pictures
- PHOTOS: This Pakistani waiter looks just like Peter Dinklage8 Pictures