Catherine J. Woodman, President and CEO of United Way of Halifax Region, gives five easy things people can do to give back to their communities.
- Give time: For example, mow an elderly neighbour’s lawn or host a block party.
- Give expertise or effort: Volunteer your skills at a local organization.
- Give stuff: Donate your gently used possessions to organizations that can re-use them to help others.
- Give money: Every financial donation is valued by a non-profit group.
- Give a damn: Say hello to your mail carrier, write a letter to the editor or vote in this year’s provincial election.