500 g pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat, cut into 5-cm strips
250 g medium Chinese egg noodles
1 tsp canola oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp five-spice powder
1 cup sugar snap peas
2 large red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 cup hot vegetable broth
Salt and pepper
Fresh cilantro leaves to garnish
1. Cook noodles or according to package instructions. Drain noodles well and set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, heat wok until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat wok, then add onion and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add five-spice powder and stir-fry another minute.
3. Add pork to wok and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and peppers; stir-fry 2 minutes. Pour in broth, stir well and bring to boil.
4. Add noodles to wok; stir and toss until all ingredients are well combined, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca