When your legs feel heavy, it could be down to two things; fluid retention or poor circulation. These Top Five tips from Ramona Braganza will help you lighten up and get moving again.
1. Stay away from foods that are high in salt as they will make you retain water and feel bloated.
2. Avoid drinking too much soda as it contains a lot of sodium. Try drinking more water instead.
3. Lie down on your back and elevate your legs. This will instantly make you feel better as it will relieve tension and potential discomfort. If you are really suffering, consider sleeping with your legs propped up on a pillow. Elevating your legs above heart level will get the fluids flowing better around the body.
4. Do a series of stretches such as leg circles and calf raises to stimulate blood flow and improve circulation
5. If all else fails, invest in a pair of compression socks, but only after you have seen a doctor and they have suggested it