(Reuters) - Four people, including a child, were shot and killed at an apartment complex in Texas on Saturday, authorities said.
Police responding to reports of shots fired early Saturday evening at the complex in Bastrop, Texas, found an adult male, two women and a child all dead of gunshot wounds, Detective Vicky Steffanic told reporters.
Another child sustained non-life threatening wounds.
Authorities said the shooter was among the dead, but provided no details about the circumstances.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The victims' identities were not released and no information was available on their relationship to one another.
The Bastrop County Sheriff's office and the Texas Rangers were investigating, Steffanic said.
Bastrop is a city of about 7,500 people about 30 miles southeast of Austin.
(Reporting by Chris Michaud; Editing by Robert Birsel)