Less than a month after being released from prison, rapper Foxy Brown pleaded guilty recently to menacing a woman with her BlackBerry phone and avoided another possible prison sentence.
Brown, 29, whose real name is Inga Marchand, pleaded guilty to menacing a Brooklyn woman, a misdemeanour, in July 2007 while on probation for assaulting two nail salon stylists over a $20 US manicure, a court spokesman said.
Brown was accused of bruising the eye and chipping the tooth of her neighbour Arlene Raymond when she struck the woman with the device.
Brooklyn Supreme Court Judge John Walsh sentenced Brown to time already served, issued an order of protection and ordered Brown to submit a letter of apology, the spokesman said.
“I apologize for the incident that occurred on July 31, 2007, in that I attempted to scare Arlene Raymond and place her in harm’s way,” Brown said in a hand-written note.
Last month, Brown was released after serving eight months of a one-year sentence for violating her parole stemming from the nail salon incident.
Latest From ...
- How to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendNYC food carts now receive letter grades from health departmentEntertainment
- Will there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowThe Punisher season 2 ending explained: What happens to Jigsaw?Lifestyle
- Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Sports
- Michael Dal Colle nets NHL 1st, Islanders keep rolling in win vs. DevilsNHL Jets Predators free live stream, watch online
- How to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendNYC food carts now receive letter grades from health departmentL train shutdown officially off, MTA saysWill there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowThe Punisher season 2 ending explained: What happens to Jigsaw?Why did Jenelle Evans say she's quitting Teen Mom 2?Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Finding the perfect outdoor space with the cast of Backyard Envy