TransLink is offering more than just a day of complimentary rides on the new Canada Line today, with free opening day events planned at most of the 16 stations.
Vancouver City Centre:
Volunteers will be handing out goodie bags with promotions and samples outside Pacific Centre.
Visitors can take in a magic show or listen to live salsa, Caribbean and Latin music.
Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson will be welcoming the first train, along with live music.
Cambie Street merchants will be handing out coupon books, and there will be Paralympic curling demonstrations.
The first of several community sidewalk mosaics will be unveiled and visitors could win a shopping spree at Oakridge Centre.
There will be Elvis tributes and free casino-related goodies near the River Rock Casino.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Visitors can take a horse-drawn-carriage from the station to Lansdowne Shopping Centre or watch Paralympic basketball and juggling demonstrations.
Richmond Mayor Malcolm Brodie will be at the station to watch a traditional Lion Dance.
Visitors can explore the new observation deck or a working Lego model of the Canada Line.
For a complete list of events visit translink.ca.