• 3 lbs (1.5 kg) ripe fresh tomatoes
• 1 package (16 oz/454 g) uncooked tube pasta
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
• 1 tsp (5 mL) dried parsley flakes
• 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil
• 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried oregano
• 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sugar
• 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) whipping cream
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
1. To remove peels from tomatoes, fill large pot with water and bring to boil. Place tomatoes, one at time, in boiling water 30 seconds. Immediately plunge in ice water. Peel skins with sharp paring knife and discard. Chop pulp; set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. In large skillet, cook garlic in oil over medium heat until golden. Add parsley, basil, oregano, salt, sugar, pepper and reserved tomato pulp; mix well. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Add cream; heat through.
3. Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl. Pour tomato sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures