Garlic-Balsamic Chicken Kebabs
Start to finish: 120 min.
Active: 20 min.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1/2 tsp hot sauce
• 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
• 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
• 625 g (1 1/4 lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 large red onion
1. In a blender, combine olive oil, vinegar, wine, hot sauce, hoisin, garlic, salt, peppercorns and ginger. Puree until smooth. Reserve half of the marinade.
2. Into a large bowl, pour remaining marinade. Add chicken and onion, then stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours.
3. When chicken is ready, heat a grill to high. Oil grates or coat them with cooking spray.
4. Divide meat and onion chunks among 4 skewers. Reduce heat on one side of the grill to low. Arrange skewers on the cooler side of the grill, then cover and cook for 6 minutes, turning frequently. Serve skewers with the reserved marinade for dipping.