It’s time to pull up those socks — or at least, time to put some on. Summer is coming to a close and school doors are opening. Let’s face it people, the party is over. What do you need to do to be organized for school?
- Pick out a great outfit for the first day.
- Purchase your supplies.
- Look over documentation for entrance.
- Charge your iPod.
- Review old notes as a refresher.
- Reacquaint with friends.
- Figure out travel arrangements to and from school. w Change sleeping patterns by going to bed earlier and waking up earlier.
- Whether you’re a parent, student or teacher, take a quiet moment and write a list of all the things you would like to improve on, change or experience and any goals you want to achieve. This list can be your secret blueprint to success this year.
- Whatever plans you make, preparation will play a big part in your ultimate success.
Last words of advice before I send you all off to school: treat others as you would like to be treated; take 10 minutes at the start and end of each day to visualize your successes; allow plenty of extra time in the morning to get ready. Make every day count, stay organized and have a great school year.
Brenda Borenstein is your professional organizing guru. Look for her column every second Thursday. For more tips and ideas, visit www.organizedzone.comor call 416-665-2165. Brenda has organized over a thousand homes and says, “There is nothing I haven’t seen and nothing that can’t be overcome.”