• 1 cup Jasmine rice
• 2 cups water
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 3 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp sesame oil
For Stir Fry:
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips (or 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
• 1-2 carrots, sliced
• 1 small head of broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
• 1 small package sugar snap peas, ends removed
• 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 green pepper, chunked (other vegetables can be substituted or added)
1. Cook Jasmine rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for marinade in a medium bowl.
2. Add sliced chicken, stir to combine and set aside while preparing vegetables.
3. Heat vegetable oil in large frying pan, add chicken, and stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink (about 2 minutes). Remove chicken from frying pan to a separate dish and keep warm in the oven.
4. Add a bit more oil to pan and add chopped vegetables, reserving mushrooms, and stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and continue stir-frying for another 3 minutes. Add a few drops of water to help vegetables steam cook when stir-frying.
6. When vegetables are crisp tender, add chicken and stir to combine (if desired, add a splash or two of soy sauce, then stir).
7. Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
– 20MinuteSupperClub.com helps you get dinner ready in a snap. Visit www.20minutesupperclub.com/metro and be entered to win a $50 President’s Choice gift certificate! Weekly winners until the end of October.
Ginger Garlic Chicken Stir Fry