torstar news service file photo
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Nothing wrong with flowers or chocolate, but if your Valentine is the creative type, then go for something a little more inspired such as a workshop at Sew Be It Studio(2156 Yonge St., south of Eglinton Avenue). Your stylish honey-pie might like to learn about sewing, knitting or even fashion illustration. Classes include Introduction To Corset-Making, Bra-Making 101 and Home Decor: Roman Blinds. For details and pricing, call 416-481-7784 or visit www.sewbeitstudio.com.
Sweethearts Craft Fair
If your Valentine would rather consume than create, then head to the Sweethearts Craft Fair at Good Catch (upstairs at 1556 Queen St. W.) from noon to 5 p.m. on Sat., Feb. 10. You’ll find a cool medley of locally made merchandise that’s sure to impress. Vendors will include PaperSnake, who design quirky jewelry, Kim Kutner, who makes super-cute cards, and Sweetie Pie Press, which turns out an impressive selection of buttons. Expect unconventional cards and gifts at wallet-friendly prices.
Heart of Glass
Regular attendees of the One Of A Kind Show and Cabbagetown Festival will want to take note of Lunacy Beads’ upcoming Hot Glass Studio Sale this Saturday. All kinds of beautiful fired glass beads will be on offer at a discount, so the event will be perfect for beaders and jewelry makers, but there will also be lovely ready-to-give delights (like glass hearts and FF’s fave Frida Khalo portrait pendants). Beguile your sweetheart or favourite single pal with a unique piece of wearable art.
When: Feb. 10, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: 1400 Dupont St.(near Lansdowne subway station), second floor, No. 214. Call 416-835-9311 for details, or visit www.lunacybeads.com.
Let’s Make A Deal
Costa Blanca has some notable deals on offer this week. Pop in to scoop a couple of their super-sweet cardigans for just $19.50 each. They’re quite feminine with a high waist and a slight puff at the shoulders. They’d be pretty with a demure camisole at the office, or slightly wicked worn solo at cocktail hour. Don’t miss the $5 racks stuffed with fall/winter items including ribbed tanks in petal pink, navy V-neck tops with ruching along the hips, cap-sleeve jersey tees and cropped hoodies. Lace-trimmed vintage wash tanks are long on the torso and just $12.50 each.