Glorious Vegetable and Cashew Stir Fry
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry sherry
- 2 tsp (10 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 7 1/2 oz (220 g) carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2/3 lb (300 g) leeks, thinly sliced
- 5 oz (150 g) Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large fresh red chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) cashews
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) mixed toasted seeds
- 1. Add rice to pot of boiling water and boil 10 minutes or until grains are tender. Drain. Meanwhile, mix soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil in small bowl and set aside.
- 2. While rice is cooking, heat wok with canola oil and stir-fry carrots and leeks 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add cabbage, garlic and chili pepper, and stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture and cashews. Season to taste.
- 3. Mix hot rice into wok or pan. Sprinkle with seeds and fork through.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca