Small bathrooms are often a challenging space to renovate and redesign with style and function working together. Creating a multi-functional family bathroom with timeless style means investing in fixtures and faucets intended for modern day living.
“Just because your bathroom is small doesn’t mean it can’t make a big design statement,” says Donna Church, Kohler Canada. “If renovations are beyond your pocket book and know-how, there are still many options that will create the illusion of having more space.”
- 7 things to know about Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray 10 Pictures
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
With that in mind, here are a few tips and tricks to make that water closet feel like a roman spa.
• Showering Solutions: Multifunctional showerheads offer much more than the standard spray, providing a sense of showering luxury in a small space. Kohler’s Flipstream handshower saves space and delivers four distinct spray experiences, each with its own dedicated sprayface, to suit your mood and the angle that best fits your stature.
• Mirror: Reflective surfaces will help to create airiness in the room. This is especially important if the bathroom doesn’t have a window to allow natural light to filter in. The scale of the mirror is really dependent on the space and accompanying fixtures. Consider a wall-hung mirrored cabinet that will provide additional storage as well as reflectivity. Generally, a bigger mirror will create a more open-feeling room by reflecting light throughout.
• Wall Hung Vanities: Reducing the size of your bathroom fixtures is an excellent way to create more space. The growing availability of wall hung bathroom furniture provides storage and leaves the floor space open, making a small bathroom seem larger. Petite vanities, though small in stature, offer an alternative that is big on design and function, making the bathroom a unique escape from the ordinary.