Golden Kebabs with Zesty Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 12 baby peppers, halved
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 6 3/4 tbsp (100 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) plain low-fat yogurt
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1. Put olive oil in bowl. Add turmeric, garlic and seasoning. Cut each chicken breast into six chunks, then add to mixture and toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high. Cut each nectarine half into four wedges, for 24 pieces in total. Thread chicken, nectarines and peppers onto eight metal skewers, nestling wedges of nectarine inside pepper halves and alternating with chicken chunks. Put kebabs into large, shallow, ovenproof dish.
- 3. Broil kebabs 5 minutes per side. Chicken should be cooked through and peppers and edges of nectarines should be well browned, with charring in places.
- 4. In small bowl, mix scallions and lemon zest with mayonnaise and yogurt, and add lemon juice to taste. Serve dollops of dressing beside kebabs.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca