Re: "MPPs not home for Christmas — NDP House Leader called The Grinch (Dec. 18):
Thank god for those who are not afraid to speak out about MPP’s granting themselves a 25 % pay hike when, as (NDP House Leader) Peter Kormos has exclaimed, thousands of Ontario workers have lost their jobs, while government employees (and other white collar scoundrels) continue to receive exorbitant salaries, perks and severance — and the minimum wage falls short of the real cost of living in this province.
Why, $10/hour times 40 hours a week (if a part-time worker can get it) is $20,000 a year before taxes.
After income tax, the average rent for a one bedroom apartment in Toronto and a proper diet would take that away easily enough.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
It seems like the government is quite satisfied with padding their nests at the expense of the common working folk with little or no regard for maintaining an adequate standard of living for all Ontarians. If they worry about losing politicians to Ottawa then let them go.
If they get their raise, I just hope they think about all the people that are having their hourly rate or salary clawed back or are maybe lucky to get 2% a year more.