Lead Singer Alan Doyle of the St. John’s -based band, Great Big Sea, their performance DVD and companion CD Courage & Patience & Grit: Great Big Sea in Concert is on store shelves, this award-winning band is known for their high-energy concerts.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Q: What is your fondest memory from your family kitchen?
A: All the parties in our house happened in the kitchen. For that matter everything but sleeping happened in our kitchen.
At times, due to weather or lack of money our heating oil tank would run dry. Not to be dismayed, my parents would put a blanket up to the kitchen door, turn on our electric oven and open the oven door.
They’d call in the neighbours and have a kitchen card game which eventually led to a few songs.
Q: What kitchen aromas bring back fond memories?
A: Nothing brings me back home like the smell of my mom’s bread fresh from the oven.
Q: Who is your favourite cook?
A: My brother-in-law Todd is my favourite chef.
He studied culinary arts in P.E.I and apprenticed in some of the larger hotels in Switzerland and worked in many famous restaurants.
He has such a worldly knowledge of food and applies these worldly principles.