Grilled Chicken with White BBQ Sauce
Recipe Developed by Paula Bowman
Photo: Carlo Mendoza
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 cup plain Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, plus more for chicken
- 1/2 tsp finely ground black pepper, plus more for chicken
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 lb chicken drumsticks, boneless thighs or breasts
- 1. Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- 2. In a bowl, combine yogurt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, horseradish, salt, black pepper and ¼ teaspoon cayenne and stir until blended. Measure ½ cup of yogurt mixture and set aside for garnish.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and ¼ teaspoon cayenne and stir well. Bush oil mixture on chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on hot grill and cook, turning often and basting with olive oil mixture until cooked through. Chicken breasts and boneless thighs will be about 5 to 8 minutes per side, drumsticks will be about 14 to 16 minutes. During the last 6 minutes of cooking, baste chicken with remaining ½ cup yogurt mixture and discard any that remains after chicken is finished. Cover chicken with tinfoil and let rest until ready to serve.
• You can also serve this recipe with Buttered Breadcrumb Broccoli and Farmhouse Cheddar Biscuits. Find the recipe at 20minutesupperclub.com/metro.