• 1 large eggplant
• olive oil
• 1 cup good quality feta cheese
• Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon (to taste)
• 1 tomato, seeded, and diced
• 1/2 to 1 small red chili, seeded, and finely sliced (to taste)
• 1/2 cup mint, chopped (reserve small amount to sprinkle on top for garnish)
• Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
Preheat grill/barbecue. Slice eggplant, lengthwise, about 1/4-in. thick. Rub olive oil on each piece, both sides. Grill slices on barbecue, marking with crisscrosses, until just tender.
Place slices on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Let cool. In bowl, combine crumbled feta cheese with lemon juice to taste, tomatoes, mint, salt and pepper to taste.
On each slice of eggplant, put approx. 1/4 cup of feta mixture, and roll up. Put all rolled slices in a row on platter. Sprinkle top with reserved chopped mint.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
– 20 Minute Supper Club helps you get dinner ready in a snap. Sign up for quick and delicious recipes, cooking and food tips. It’s free at www.20minutesupperclub.com
Most Popular From ...