Grilled Salmon Salad
- 8 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Heat small skillet over medium heat. Scrape seeds from cardamom pods; add to pan with cumin seeds. Toast for few seconds to release aromas and remove to shallow non-metallic dish.
- 2. Add lime zest and juice, orange juice, soy sauce and honey to seeds; add salt and pepper. Lay salmon in dish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat broiler. Place salmon on broiler pan and broil 4 to 5 minutes on one side only; salmon fillets should still be slightly translucent in centre. Meanwhile, pour marinade into small pot and bring just to boil.
- 4. Arrange salad greens on four plates. Scatter mango, papaya and orange over. Place cooked salmon on top and drizzle with warm marinade. Serve immediately.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca