The Liberal association in Truro-Bible Hill has distanced themselves from the recent attack on NDP candidate Lenore Zann.
Last week a Liberal party volunteer leaked nude pictures of the Truro-born actress from one of her earlier roles. Leader Stephen McNeil said it would not tolerate such actions.
“We are shocked and angered by the personal attack on Ms. Zann,” said a statement released by the Truro-Bible Hill Liberal Association.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
“This action was taken without any consultation with anyone in our riding association, or with potential candidates. We do not condone this type of behaviour.”
The association communicated with the provincial party and requested an immediate apology. McNeil called Zann to apologize last week.