- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
- 1 bunch rapini, trimmed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- In pot of boiling water cook rapini for about 6 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well and using wooden spatula gently push down on rapini to remove even more water. Chop rapini coarsely.
- In 8-inch (20 cm) non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook garlic and pepper flakes 1 min. or until fragrant. Add rapini and toss to coat; cook stirring 8 minutes or until beginning to brown and get crispy.
- Meanwhile in bowl whisk eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet stirring to combine with rapini. Cook lifting edge with rubber spatula letting runny egg go to bottom until bottom is light golden and top is set. Place plate over top of skillet and invert frittata onto plate. Slide frittata back into skillet and cook 3 mins or until golden.
• Emily Richards is a professional home economist, cookbook author and a tv celebrity chef. For more, visit emilyrichardscooks.ca.