• 4 fresh or frozen and thawed halibut steaks, 1 in. (2.5 cm) thick
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine, melted
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
• 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) black pepper
• Egg sauce (see below)
1. Preheat broiler. Rinse fish and pat dry. In small bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Arrange fish on lightly greased rack of broiler pan. Brush fish with half of butter mixture. Broil 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Using wide spatula, carefully turn fish over. Brush with remaining butter mixture. Broil 5 to 7 minutes more or until fish flakes when tested with fork. Serve with Egg Sauce.
In medium-size pot, whisk together 1/2 cup (125 ml) coffee cream, 2 tbsp (25 ml) all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard and 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) each salt and black pepper. Whisk in 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth. Cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs and 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced parsley; heat through.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Halibut with Egg Sauce