Ham and Egg Pie
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 11/2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line pie plate or quiche dish with pie crust; crimp edge. Line crust with foil and fill with dried beans. Bake 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool pie crust on rack 5 minutes; discard foil. (Save beans for future pastry baking.)
- 2. Meanwhile, in medium-size bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, ham, and flour. Spread in crust.
- 3. In same bowl, whisk milk, eggs, egg whites, basil and pepper. Pour mixture into crust. Cover edges of pie with foil. Bake 20 minutes; remove foil. Bake 15 minutes more or until centre is set.