7 Richmond St. E.
Rating: **** 1/2
Dinner & drinks for 2: $55
Top 10 reasons to love Harlem
1. Food inspired by the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s. ’Nuff said.
2. Everything on its menu evokes a certain image of what it will be. When it arrives, it’s something completely different. Except here it is a good thing and we are not at all disappointed.
3. The place is jumpin’ with laughter and good times. When’s the last time you had fun at a restaurant?
4. Don’t worry about calories here — Indulge and enjoy!
5. Its appetizers are superlative. Even the Beet & Mango Salad ($9) is velvety.
6. Everyone seems to order Southern Fried Chicken ($16.95). It’s as sinful and dazzling as you imagine.
7. Generous portions mean you’ll go home satisfied.
8. It’s not often you can order Pork Hocks ($17.95). Don’t pass up the opportunity. They are soft and chewy and completely, decadently, heart-cloggingly delightful.
9. Everything is a la carte, so sides are extra. The Collard Greens ($6.95) and Mac & Cheese ($5.50) are perfect comfort food for this winter weather.
10. They have a long bar upstairs where you can sit back and enjoy live soul, jazz and R&B acts.
On Sunday, dine as the pioneers did at Black Creek Pioneer Village. Dig into a traditional Christmas dinner at their Historic Brewery Restaurant. Choose a soup, turkey or vegetarian pasta and dessert. Seatings are at 2:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Tickets are $41.51/adult, $22.58/child. Go to www.blackcreek.ca for info.
Till Jan. 3, you can enjoy Holiday Tea at C5 Restaurant. $30 gets you a choice of savouries such as Chickpea Blini with Fig & Feta Cream or Mini Black Truffle Quiche along with sweets. Pay $35 and you’ll get a glass of Sparkling Wine included. The menu’s online at rom.on.ca. Call 416-586-7928 for reservations.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures