Hasty Haddock with Tomato and Red Onion Salsa
1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
4 tomatoes, halved and cores removed
1/4 tsp (1 ml) crushed chili flakes
1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped candied ginger
1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
1 tbsp (15 ml) red wine vinegar
3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
4 haddock fillets
1. Separate onion slices into shreds and put into bowl. Thinly slice tomatoes and add to bowl. Sprinkle in chili flakes, ginger and sugar, then stir in tomato paste and vinegar with seasoning to taste. Stir in 2 tbsp (25 ml) of olive oil and set aside.
2. Preheat broiler to high. Lightly oil broiler pan, then add haddock portions, skin side up, and brush with a little of remaining oil. Cook 3 minutes. Turn fish, brush with remaining oil and cook 3 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Divide salsa among four plates and lay haddock portions on top. Garnish with mustard and cress and serve immediately.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures