Honey Dijon Beer-Marinated Chicken Sandwich With Slaw
Prep and Cooking time: 45 min.
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 bottle (341 ml) pale ale beer
• 1 1/2 cups broccoli slaw
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp sweet relish
• 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1/3 cup slivered almonds
• 1 cup panko (Japanese-style) breadcrumbs
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp butter
• 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
1. One at a time, slice each chicken breast horizontally through the centre to form 2 thin halves.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Apple Emoji update includes a llama, skateboard and some bagel drama 24 Pictures
2. In a medium bowl, combine beer and chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine slaw, mayonnaise and relish. Mix well, then refrigerate until needed.
4. In a small bowl or cup, whisk together mustard and honey. Set aside.
5. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse almonds until coarsely ground. Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl. Add panko, garlic powder, salt and pepper, mixing to combine.
6. When chicken is ready remove it from beer and pat dry with paper towels. Whisk egg in a wide, shallow bowl. One at a time, dredge each chicken cutlet through egg, then through breadcrumb blend.
7. In a large skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Working in batches and adding more butter as necessary, add chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
8. To assemble sandwiches, layer a quarter of the slaw mixture over the bottom half of each bun. Top with a chicken cutlet. Spread a generous amount of the mustard over the top half of the bun, then place over chicken.