The province’s Emergency Management Office said its prepared for hurricane Bill and is reminding residents to get ready, too. Here’s how:
- Watch and listen for updated weather information and public safety bulletins.
- Have an emergency kit ready that will last for three days and includes food, water, clothing, blankets, a flashlight, batteries, radio, first aid kit, medication and pet food.
- Have cash and important papers on hand in case of a power outage.
- Choose a shelter in a basement, storm cellar or closet beneath the stairs.
- Choose a meeting place for family members.
- Help local seniors and other neighbours if you can.
- Secure loose outdoor objects that can be blown around.
- Stay away from coastal areas.