Along with your promise for healthy eating at the start of each new year, you vow to stop being lazy in the morning and lose the jeans-and-T-shirt getup for something a bit more age-appropriate. Well this is the year you actually follow through. We’re helping you keep this resolution by rounding up some professional — yet cool — staples for the work place. Because the first step is dressing like the boss — and the next is moving into his office.
Pile on the accessories: Chunky bracelets, cute chains and rings galore can add edge and a bit of personality to a boring corporate suit.
1. Stephan & Co. metal bangle seven-pack, $38, www.madewell.com
2. La Mer black and gold Pyramid Wrap Watch, $110, www.lamercollections.com
Swap jeans for pants: Even if you tuck in an old T-shirt with these, you’ll look presentable.
3. Jenni Kayne Pleated pants, $270, www.shopbop.com
Pantone did declare “Tangerine Tango” as the color of the year.
4. H&M orange pants, $50, www.handm.com
Dresses aren’t just for nights out: Get double duty out of your fancy numbers by dressing them down with flats or boots and a cardigan for work.
5. Zara dress with elasticated waist, $60, www.zara.com
Step up the footwear: Rule number one about braving heels:?It’s perfectly respectable to wear flats and change at your desk. And remember — platform heels are a comfier option.
6. SHOWCASE2 Double Platforms, $124, www.topshop.com
If you’re still not convinced, at least get some interesting flats.
7. Manney Camel Spot slippers, $60, www.topshop.com