An Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainee who was diagnosed with a brain tumTexas Health Huguley Hospital/Facebook

An undocumented woman from El Salvador has been removed from a Texas hospital where she was awaiting brain surgery and sent back to the detention center she's been in for the past two years, a family representative said.

Sara Beltran-Hernandez, 26, was taken to Texas Health Huguley Hospital in Fort Worth last week after collapsing at Prairieland Detention Center in nearby Alvarado, Melissa Zuniga told the New York Daily News. The womanhad been at the detention facility since trying to travel to New York in late 2015 without the proper documentation.

RELATED: Deportation spat overshadows Trump envoys' talks with angry Mexico

Beltran-Hernandez, who began suffering from headaches, nosebleeds and memory loss earlier this month, was diagnosed with a brain tumor after being taken to Huguley and was wait-listed for brain surgery.


But now her family fears for her health after Zuniga said that Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents forcibly removed Beltran-Hernandez from the medical facility Wednesday night.

“They had her tied up from her hands and ankles. She was brought in a wheelchair and is not being given treatment, even though her nose continues to bleed, and she has told them her head is exploding,” Zuniga said.

RELATED: 4 details of Trump's new deportation rules that worry an immigration lawyer

As of early Thursday, Beltran-Hernandez was listed as “in custody” at Prairieland, according to ICE’s website.

Her sister, who lives in Queens, New York,with their mother and stepfather, will be traveling to Texas with their lawyer on Thursday to ask for her release, Zuniga said.

“We just want her out of there. I fear we may be too late,” she said.

An ICE spokeswoman told the Daily News that the agency “reached out to the family to explain the process” after it released a statement that urged Beltran-Hernandez’s family to obtain prior approval before trying to visit her.

Latest From ...