269 Greenbank Rd.
Dinner for two with wine: $55
Tucked between a pizza place and hair salon is a little restaurant called Zuni Grill that defies labeling. While the menu has a large number of Indian dishes, it also includes Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indonesian, Thai and Asian options, making the food difficult to classify.
You’re greeted by the chefs in the open kitchen who have the television tuned to a Sens game. But behind the kitchen is a quaint and quiet area of tables with globes of light overhead decorated with gem gels.
For starters, we ordered the Indonesian Chicken Satay Bites ($8). The marriage of the satay with a bland mint yogurt dip wasn’t a match made in heaven, but it was convivial. The jumbo Coconut Shrimp ($10) were crispy and flavourful and served with a sweet curry dip overpowered by banana.
If you like sweet sauces on fish, the Tandoori Spice Rubbed Atlantic Salmon Filet ($18) won’t disappoint. Nicely grilled and served with fruit chutney, it was satisfying. Much like the Coconut Shrimp appetizer, the Coconut-Crusted Chicken Breast ($16) came with a banana infused curry sauce, and the chicken was tender and enjoyable.
The friendly waiter brought our Chai-Infused Crème Brûlée ($6) along with a large propane torch and brûléed the crème table-side. The crème brûlée was impeccable and to have it torched table-side was a rare treat.
Zuni Grill is something of a deal, with an ambitious array of flavours to tempt your taste buds.
Anthony’s on Elgin
Anthony’s on Elgin (formerly the original Ritz III restaurant) serves contemporary Italian cuisine. Its fresh homemade pasta and desserts are prepared daily on the premises. Every Sunday and Monday it offers a three course Table d’Hote, for $19.95 plus tax.
Koreana offers Korean BBQ, sushi, table grilling and Shabu Shabu (hot pot) along with an array of traditional Korean dishes. The service is friendly and fast since it use sa bell system, a small button on the wall beside the table.
Latest From ...
- Prospect Park Zoo to breed near-threatened Pallas's cats in new exhibitHow to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendEntertainment
- Will there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowThe Punisher season 2 ending explained: What happens to Jigsaw?Lifestyle
- Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Sports
- Michael Dal Colle nets NHL 1st, Islanders keep rolling in win vs. DevilsNHL Jets Predators free live stream, watch online
- Prospect Park Zoo to breed near-threatened Pallas's cats in new exhibitHow to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendNYC food carts now receive letter grades from health departmentWill there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowThe Punisher season 2 ending explained: What happens to Jigsaw?Why did Jenelle Evans say she's quitting Teen Mom 2?Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Finding the perfect outdoor space with the cast of Backyard Envy