- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Apple Emoji update includes a llama, skateboard and some bagel drama 24 Pictures
Deep down, you know your car should be checked out before hitting the road for spring travel, but with so many other things left to do, some of us put it off.
It’s a very bad idea, especially when you realize that, in as little as 10 minutes, you can determine if your car is ready for long-distance driving.
A 10-minute pre-trip checkup should include the following:
- Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and radiator coolant.
- Check all hoses and belts. They can become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread condition. Uneven tread wear indicates a need for wheel alignment.
- Tires should also be checked for sidewall bulges and bald spots.