The jury has reached a decision on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's sentence. Tsarnaev has been sentenced to death on some of the 17 counts against him, but not all.
Attorney General Loretta Lynch said in a statement, "We know all too well that no verdict can heal the souls of those who lost the loved ones, nor the minds and bodies of those who suffered life-changing injuries from this cowardly attack.The ultimate penalty is a fitting punishment for this horrific crime."
CNN legal analyst Jeff Toobin said it is very likely Tsarnaev will die. He asid most people sentenced to death are executed, though there is a strong chance there will be an appeal that the trial should not have taken placei n Boston.
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles29 Pictures
- PHOTOS: This Pakistani waiter looks just like Peter Dinklage8 Pictures
Tsarnaev, known as the Boston Bomber, is the21-year-old ethnic Chechen who was convicted last month of killing three people and injuring 264 others by detonating a pair of homemade pressure-cooker bombs at the Boston Marathon's finish line on April 15, 2013.
Survivors mostly reacted positively on Twitter:
Sydney Corcoran wrote: "My mother and I think that NOW he will go away and we will be able to move on. Justice. In his own words, "an eye for an eye".
Survivor Adrianne Hazlet tweeted: "My heart is with our entire survivor community. I am thrilled with the verdict!"
Stay tuned for more updates on Metro.us.