Remember last year in an exclusive interview with Metro when fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld called the universally-loved Adele “a little bit fan” in response to a question about singer Lana Del Rey?
His controversial statement made headlines worldwide and now the famous designer is crediting the singer's weight loss to his comment.
In a new interview for Alina Cho’s upcoming “Fashion Week: Backstage Pass,” Lagerfeld says he never called her “fat,” just “roundish.”
“After that she lost eight kilos so I think the message was not that bad,” he then said.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Lagerfeld visited the Metro Paris office in 2012 and acted as Guest Editor for the day. After his comments made headlines around the world, he later issued somewhat of an apology:
He later responded to the frenzy surrounding his comments about Adele’s weight saying, “I’d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of the context from how it was originally published. I actually prefer Adele, she is my favorite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is meal to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can’t wait for her next CD.”