Northeast. One man was treated on the scene of a kitchen fire in the city’s northeast Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 400 block of 25 Avenue NE shortly before 5:30 p.m.

According to the fire department, the blaze was knocked down quickly and confined to the kitchen area.

One adult and two dogs were in the home at the time. The adult male was treated on scene and released by medics.

Fire officials said the fire was likely caused by combustibles being left too close to an electric range.

Three people and two dogs have been displaced by the fire, according to officials.