• 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
• 1 large red onion, diced
• 1 green pepper, diced
• 2 zucchini, diced
• 1 small fennel bulb, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 4 tsp (20 ml) herbes de Provence
• 4 lean lamb leg steaks,
• 4 large plum tomatoes, diced
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) black olive tapenade
1. Heat oil, reserving about 2 tsp (10 ml), in deep frying pan and add onion, pepper, zucchini, fennel, garlic and herbs. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until softened and lightly browned.
2. While vegetables are cooking, brush lamb steaks lightly with remaining oil and season lightly. Cook, turning once, on hot ridged griddle or heavy-based frying pan 5-8 minutes, depending on thickness, until slightly pink in centre. Remove from heat.
3. Add tomatoes and tapenade to vegetables, then simmer 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add lamb steaks to vegetables, then serve.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures