• 2 cups (500 ml) fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
• 3/4 cup 175 ml) finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped peeled tart apple
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) white grape juice
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
• 8 lamb loin chops
1. Place raspberries in blender or food processor; cover and process until puréed. Strain and discard seeds; transfer purée to small pot.
2. Stir in cucumber, apple, grape juice and sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until cucumber and apple are tender.
3. Meanwhile, in large skillet, sauté garlic in oil until tender. Add lamb chops. Cook, uncovered, 7-10 minutes per side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, meat thermometer should read 145 F/63 C; medium, 160 F/71 C; well-done, 170 F/77 C). Serve with raspberry sauce.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Lamb with Raspberry Sauce