Leadership winners announced
A number of Albertans working to make their communities healthier andmore active will be the recipients of the inaugural LieutenantGovernor’s Leadership for Active Communities Award yesterday.
A number of Albertans working to make their communities healthier and more active will be the recipients of the inaugural Lieutenant Governor’s Leadership for Active Communities Award yesterday.
The award recipients for 2009 are:
• Greg Krischke (Leduc) —Elected Community Leader Award
• Bryn Lewin (Kitscoty) —Community Leader of Tomorrow Award
• John Logan (Edmonton) — Outstanding Community Leader Award
• Ptarmigan Nordic Ski Club (Fort McMurray) — Group Spirit of Community Leadership Award
• Sol Rolingher (Edmonton) — Corporate Community Leader Award
The awards ceremony will take place in Edmonton at the Royal Alberta Museum theatre at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Public attendance is by invitation only.
The award is backed by the Alberta Recreation and Parks Association and the Recreation for Life Foundation.