2 Tablespoon butter
3 Cup chopped leeks (1 bunch)
500 Gram mixed mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
2 Teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 Cup whipping cream
1/4 Cup fresh breadcrumbs
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 Cup grated manchego or parmesan cheese
1 Package puff pastry, defrosted
8 Ounce goat cheese, crumbled
1 egg yolk
2 Tablespoon whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 Fº.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté for 2 minutes or until beginning to soften.
3. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes longer, or until mushrooms are soft.
4. Add cream and cook for 30 seconds or until cream just coats vegetables.
5. Stir in breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide pastry in half and roll out each piece to a 10 x 10-inch square and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Cover half of each square with goat cheese, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Top with vegetable mixture.
8. Beat together egg yolk and whipping cream for glaze and brush over pastry edges. Fold pastry over vegetables to cover. Press edges together to seal and brush top with glaze. Slash top of pastry at 2 inch intervals leaving a 2-inch border on each side.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is hot.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
– 20 Minute Supper Club helps you get dinner ready in a snap. Sign up for quick and delicious recipes, cooking and food tips. It’s free at 20minutesupperclub.com