Lentils and Sausage
- 2 1/2 cups lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 170 g smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. In large pot, bring beef broth to boil over high heat. Stir in lentils. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add sausage, potato, onion, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until lentils and potato are tender.