With summer finally here — I want to let the sunshine in! What’s the best way to clean filthy windows outside?
First, you should remove any excess dirt and grime from the windows.
Do this with a watering hose or a pail filled with lots of fresh clean water and a capful of dish soap.
Once you have removed the surface dirt you are ready to clean the windows to a streak-free shine.
Here are several options to consider:
1. A good commercial cleaner (with ammonia) and newspaper does a wonderful job.
2. A solution of 50 per cent water and 50 per cent vinegar is great.
Spray this onto the window and then use either newspaper or a microfiber cloth to wipe the window dry, thus avoiding streaks.
3. A pail full of warm, clean water with a capful of dish soap will also do the job. Use a sponge to wash the window and then use a squeegee to leave the glass crystal clean.
My husband managed to stain his best shorts with pen ink. How do I get out the stain?
Good news — this is a relatively easy stain to remove. Pour a few capfuls of pure rubbing alcohol into a little dish.
Now, dip a clean cotton swab into the alcohol and slowly and gently rub it onto the ink stain.
As the cotton swab starts to absorb the ink, change it for a clean one. Remember: be patient.
Non-removable ink stains will not come out, and please do test the fabric with the alcohol in a hidden area before you start working on the stain.
Have an etiquette or housekeeping question? Email email@example.com
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures