• 1 1/2 lb (750 g) fresh littleneck clams
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) dry white wine
• 8 oz (250g) linguine
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley
• Pinch each salt and hot pepper flakes
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
Scrub clams; discard any that do not close when tapped.
In saucepan, cover and steam clams and wine over high heat until clams open, 4 to 5 minutes. Strain into bowl, reserving broth. Discard any clams that do not open. Set aside.
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine according to package directions until tender but firm; drain.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat; cook garlic, parsley, salt and hot pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened but not browned, about 2 minutes.
Add reserved clam broth; bring to boil. Add linguine; boil on high, stirring often, until about 3 tbsp (45 mL) liquid remains, about 2 minutes.
Add clams; toss until heated through. Stir in butter.
– Canadian Living magazine is on sale now!
Latest From ...
- Holiday travel 2018: Worst times to leave Boston and New York CityNYC awards $1.8M in grants to small businessesEntertainment
- 7 things to know about Miss Universe 2018 Catriona GrayWho is Yael Stone? Orange Is the New Black actress makes harassment claims against Geoffr...Lifestyle
- Is Costco open on Christmas?Are liquor stores open on Christmas Day?Sports
- Mets MLB rumors: Latest on AJ Pollock, Juan Lagares
- Holiday travel 2018: Worst times to leave Boston and New York CityNYC awards $1.8M in grants to small businessesGoogle planning $1B expansion in Hudson Square, is NYC ready?7 things to know about Miss Universe 2018 Catriona GrayWho is Yael Stone? Orange Is the New Black actress makes harassment claims against Geoffr...Most popular songs 2018: Spotify reveals top tracks listIs Costco open on Christmas?