TED's not a person — it's a place to share great ideas. TEDxToronto is a one-day conference that brings together smart folk to talk about what they know best. It's based on the annual TED conference, a gathering of the world's brightest thinkers and doers to share their "ideas worth spreading." TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Al Gore, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Philippe Starck, and UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. TEDxToronto is an independently organized day of deep discussion modelled after the TED conference.
Metro is liveblogging the event, which is happening Thursday, Sept. 30 at the Glenn Gould Studio in Toronto. You can watch the live feed at tedxtoronto.com. Follow along below, and give us your comments!
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=3c1d108baa" >TEDxToronto Liveblog</a>
For more on TEDx Toronto, check out Thursday's paper for what to expect, as
well as a post-TEDx report on the brightest and best ideas of the day.
Today's roster of speakers:
- Neil Pasricha, Best-Selling Author of The Book of Awesome
- Sol Guy, Film Producer, K’Naan’s Manager, and creator of MTV’s 4REAL
- Bruce Poon Tip, CEO of GAP Adventures
- trey anthony, Creator and Star of GlobalTV’s da Kink in my Hair
- Dr. Catherine Zahn, CEO of the Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Tonya Surman, Founding Executive Director of the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI)
- Dave Meslin, Creative Director and Community Organizer
- Boonaa Mohammed, Critically Acclaimed Poet
- Amanda Sussman, Senior Advisor to Plan International, Canada
- Jennifer Jenson, Professor of Pedagogy and Technology at York University
- Neil Hetherington, CEO of Habitat for Humanity Toronto
- Drew Dudley, Leadership Visionary
- George Kourounis, Explorer, Adventurer and Storm Chaser