amazon, amazon packages, maura healey, boston
Attorney General Maura Healey joined Boston Police Commissioner William Evans Wednesday to load the parcels into a van for return to Amazon. Photo: Katie Lannan/SHNS

Boston law enforcement officials have recovered dozens of stolen Amazon packages in the home of a part-time delivery driver and have returned them to the company so they can reach their intended locations by Christmas.


The stolen packages were discovered while police were involved in a separate investigation. Officers were searching the home of a suspect connected to a series of break-ins, according to Attorney General Maura Healey’s office, when they found the packages.


Four people were arrested and arraigned this week in connection with break-ins at Wendy’s restaurants in Quincy and Taunton, during which the suspects allegedly smashed cash boxes and ripped out safes.


It was during that investigation that police found the packages in one of the suspect’s homes, Dharol Joyner, 33, of Boston. Officials believe Joyner stole the packages when he was working part-time as a delivery contractor.


The dozens of unopened Amazon boxes were addressed to customers throughout Greater Boston, Healey’s office said in a statement.


"We're talking about dozens and dozens of packages," Healey told reporters as she helped load the parcels into a van on Wednesday. "We were surprised, I think, by the number of packages that we found, but as you can see it's everything from stereos, tools, grills, to an array of holiday items that were supposed to end up on people's doorsteps. Now, thanks to the good police work here, they will."

This investigation was a joint effort by the AG's office, Boston Police Department, Brookline Police Department, and the Massachusetts State Police.

Officials loaded a van with the packages to return them to Amazon so that they can be delivered by the weekend and make it to their rightful recipients by Christmas day.

Joyner and Jason Geddes, 29, of Boston, were arraigned Tuesday in Quincy District Court for the break-in and theft of a Quincy Wendy’s on Dec. 14. Both were charged with and pleaded not guilty to breaking and entering, larceny over $250, possession of burglarious tools. malicious destruction of property and conspiracy. Joyner’s bail was set at $7,500 and Geddes’s at $15,000. Both men are due back in court on Jan. 16.

Edward Nugent, 55, of Weymouth, was arraigned Tuesday in Taunton District Court on the same charges. Nugent pleaded not guilty and was held on $10,000 bail. He is due back in court Jan. 18. Daniel Vo, 23, of Boston was also arrested Tuesday in connection to the break-ins and will be arraigned at a later date.