Lyft offers promo to help you pick up your moving truck on Sept. 1
Lyft is offering a promotion for those picking up or dropping off box trucks in Boston on moving day.
Moving is an ordeal itself, but especially so in Boston, where most of the city’s leases turn over on the same day, Sept. 1.
If you already have your UHaul booked and your parking spots reserved, you’re in pretty good shape. But how will you actually pick up that truck, specifically if you had to reserve one from a bit outside the city?
For the first time, Lyft if offering a special promotion for those heading to or from certain rental truck locations.
The offer is only available on Friday, Sept. 1 and is valid for up to $10 off a ride. You can schedule a ride up to seven days in advance through the Lyft app, the company said, and if the promo code is added to your account, it will automatically apply on that day, as long as the trip is to or from one of the approved spots.
Just enter the promo code MOVINGDAY17 if you’re headed to one of the locations listed below:
· U-Haul, 985 Mass Ave, Boston, MA 02118
· U-Haul, 844 Main St, Cambridge, MA 02139
· U-Haul, 151 Linwood St, Somerville, MA 02143
· Per & Sashas Auto Inc. (U-Haul dealer), 188 Warren St, Roxbury, MA 02119
· Muffler Mart (U-Haul dealer), 1579 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02119
· New Family Supermarket (U-Haul dealer), 205 Humboldt Ave, Dorchester, MA 02121
· Everett Supply & True Value Hardward (U-Haul dealer), 403 405 Main St, Everett, MA 02149
· U-Haul of Rt 9 Brookline, 270 Boylston St Rte 9, Brookline, MA 02445
· Value Store it (U-Haul dealer) 1360 Commonwealth Ave, Allston, MA 02134
· U-Haul Moving & Storage Center of Malden, 124-126 Eastern Ave, Malden, MA 02148
· U-Haul Moving & Store of Broadway Plaza, 34 Broadway, Malden, MA 02148
· Vins Auto Service (U-Haul dealer), 195 American Legion Hwy, Revere, MA 02151
· U-Haul of Brighton, 240 N Beacon St, Brighton, MA 02135
· U-Haul of Malden Route 60, 420 Eastern Ave, Malden, MA 02148
· UHaul Moving & Storage of Rt 16 Medford/ Somerville, 600 Mystic Valley Pkwy, Somerville, MA 02144
· Quick Stop Multi Service (U-Haul Dealer), 886 Morton St, Mattapan, MA 02126
· Monument Square Service (U-Haul Dealer), 9 Main St, Saugus, MA 01906
· 222 Central Storage (U-Haul Dealer), 222 Central St, Saugus, MA 01906
· Taylor Rental, 352 Mcgrath Hwy, Somerville, MA 02143
· Ice Box, 3890 Washington St, Roslindale, MA 02131
· Penske Truck Rental Boston North, 436 Riverside Ave, Medford, MA 02155
· Home Depot, 1213 Vfw Pkwy, West Roxbury, MA 02132
· Peter Fuller Rental, 215 Lexington St, Waltham, MA 02452
· Stor-U-Self of Woburn, 25 Conn St, Woburn, MA 01801
· Penske Truck Rental Boston, 140 Messina Dr, Braintree, MA 02184
· Ryder, 280 W. First St, Boston, MA 20127
But don’t forget: once you’re actually behind the wheel of that truck, do not take it down Storrow Drive.
The city of Boston took to Twitter this week to warn those moving, whether to a new neighborhood or into the city for the first time ever (looking at you, college kids), about the incompatibilities of trucks and the parkway.
“Repeat after us: you cannot drive a moving truck on Storrow Drive. You cannot drive a moving truck on Storrow Drive,” the city’s official account tweeted.
What’s the worst that could happen if you don’t listen? It’s a thing locals have turned into a verb: “Storrowing,” meaning when your big box truck clips the low 10’ bridges along the route, sometimes ripping off the top of the truck and always causing a traffic jam that will put the other drivers around you in an even worse mood.