After going missing for days, a Brooklyn grandmother was found dead on a rooftop yesterday morning.
It was reported that Mary Joyce-Bonsignore, 88, had last been seen on the morning of July 17 on the porch of her home. She then disappeared for eight days as her family arranged multiple searches, knowing she suffered dementia. Joyce-Bonsignore had wandered off on past occasions, but always returned after a few hours, CBS2 reported.
Bob Bonsignore, her longtime husband, was distraught by the disappearance of his wife, telling Pix11 News the day before she was found, “It tortures me that she is suffering somewhere.”
Authorities said the elderly woman’s body was discovered around 11:45 a.m. near her home in Bath Beach when neighbors noticed a strange smell emanating from the roof.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Before her body was found, Joyce-Bonsignore was spotted on a neighbor’s surveillance footage that showed her slipping on her front steps. Photos from another camera caught her walking from 19th Avenue to Cropsey Avenue, after which point there are no clues as to where she went, Pix11 News reported.
Yesterday’s discovery marked a sad and shocking end to the search for the grandmother whom the community is sad to have lost. The exact cause of death remains unknown.