The NYPD is searching for an escaped prisoner in the Bronx.
Kevin Taylor, 27, escaped from St. Barnabas Hospital on Third Avenue around 6:40 Friday morning, police said.
Taylor was original arrested on Thursday for criminal possession of a firearm, resisting arrest, criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of marijuana charges, according to NYPD.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
He has also had 40 prior arrests, according to NBC, including bail jumping, aggravated harassment, burglary, robbery and attempted escape.
It is not currently clear why Taylor was being treated at the Bronx hospital on Friday.
WANTED: Escaped Prisoner from St. Barnabas Hospital - Kevin Taylor. Male, Black, 5’11, 210 Lbs, 27-years-old was last seen wearing black jeans and a green sweater. He was originally arrested for Criminal Possession of a firearm in the confines of the @NYPD48Pct in the #Bronx pic.twitter.com/2pDW7uXBjb— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) April 27, 2018
He fled the facility on foot, wearing handcuffs attached to just one wrist, NYPD said. Officers are canvassing the area for him.
Taylor is described as a 5’11” black male around 210 pounds. He was last seen wearing ripped black jeans and a green hooded sweater.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS or for Spanish 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). All calls are confidential, and the public can also submit tips on the Crime Stoppers Website or by texting CRIMES (274637) then entering TIP577.